A diverse amount of shops and outlets have used PAT-iT's service such as, flower shops, vaping, E-Cigarette, hairdressers, Cafés & coffee shops, pet shops, DIY, shoe shops, outlet villages, jewellers, toy shops the list is endless!
We understand time is money, so we try to be as efficient as possible so you don't loose custom.
Frequently Asked Questions –
How long does it take?
A small shop with a single till and kitchen roughly an hour. Slightly larger shops of four or five tills could be completed within a morning, roughly 2-3 hours. Larger outlets with multiple floors could take a day, roughly 7.5 hrs.
How much does it cost?
We offer 2 price structurers:
- per item rate, or
- per engineer per day rate.
A per item rate is normally better for those small offices with fewer quantities as work can be completed within a day. The day rate would suit Call Centres that could run into the thousands of items. However, we can quote for both and let you decide.
Do we have to PAT test the shop every year?
Working with your risk assessment, we would advise that shops are Low Risk environments that don’t necessarily need testing yearly. Like offices, retail can be low risk environments so the frequency of testing could be 2 yearly or more. PAT-iT urge you to check with your landlord, insurance or your local authority on their requirements before hand. There are other factors to consider before making this decision on the PAT testing frequency, such as;
- Your landlord requirements
- Your insurance requirements
- The environment (suitability, where and how its being used)
- The person using it (staff, general public, satellite workers etc)
- The amount of usage (every-day, occasional hardly ever etc)
- The construction (class I or class II)
- Previous test results (including the other equipment in the area)