Procedure to reduce risk of cross contamination of viruses and bacteria.
Carry and use the following on a risk based approach:
Before accessing a property or business:
When you are in the property:
Who might be harmed and how?
Current controls in place to reduce the Risks
Further actions to control the risks
Spread & Contamination of Covid-19 and other Virus related biological hazards
· Visitors to our office
· Vulnerable Groups such as – Elderly, Pregnant, with existing underlying health conditions, older males, high body mass index, health conditions such as diabetes, BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) groups
· Anybody that comes within close contact or prolonged period of more than 1 minute in a limited ventilated area, such as a small domestic kitchen
Working within other businesses
· PAT-iT communicates with the customer before work commences, this ensures any requirement the customer has and clarifies the requirement of PAT-iT and staff safety. Where necessary Risk Assessments are shared between all parties and the hazards highlighted.
· Site inductions/ to be given where needed by the customer to our employees.
· Working in Rented/Tenanted Accommodation, HMOs, Housing Associations and Homes – Letters/Emails/Verbal requirements are made to allow Testing to be done as safely as possible in this type of environment. Specific requirements are requested such as –
#Requests notification if in isolation, shielding, extremely venerable, Symptoms of COVID-19, waiting for test results, #ventilation (open windows/doors etc), #social distancing or to remain in another room whilst work is undertaken
#Clean and tidy work surface for equipment to sit on #face covering if able
· Hand washing facilities with soap and water in place – Office
· Hand washing in other places of work must be requested before work commences
· Stringent hand washing taking place – use of wet wipes included in hand sanitising
· See hand washing guidance.
· Drying of hands with disposable paper towels - Office.
· Staff encouraged to protect the skin by applying emollient cream regularly
· Surface wipes – for hands and equipment to be used regularly
· Cleaning and disinfecting tools & equipment and surfaces that are touched regularly particularly in areas of high use such as door handles, light switches, reception area using appropriate cleaning products and methods.
This also includes Test Equipment, Tools, printers between (at the least but not limited to) each environment/locations (kitchens, offices, workshops)/vehicles etc.
· Social Distancing - be mindful of working close to people
· Tools and equipment (including PPE) are NOT to be shared, if for any reason sharing equipment is necessary then sanitising must take place before and after use.
· Ensuring sufficient rest breaks for staff.
Wearing of Gloves
· Where Risk Assessment identifies wearing of gloves as a requirement of the job, an adequate supply of these will be provided. Staff will be instructed on how to remove gloves carefully to reduce contamination and how to dispose of them safely.
RPE & Face coverings
· Public Health guidance on the use of PPE (personal protective equipment) to protect against COVID-19
· Where Face coverings/RPE is a requirement for risks associated with the work undertaken the following measures will be followed-
· Tight-fitting respirators (such as disposable FFP3 masks and reusable half masks) rely on having a good seal with the wearer’s face. A face fit test will be carried out to ensure the respiratory protective equipment (RPE) can protect the wearer. Face coverings Must cover the mouth and nose, pinching the nose clip for a suitable fit around the face
· Wearers must be clean shaven to use RPE effectively. This does not apply to face coverings
· Face coverings are supplied by PAT-iT
· RPE will be supplied as and when needed
Symptoms of Covid-19
· If anyone becomes unwell with a new continuous cough or a high temperature (or other symptoms related to Covid-19) in the workplace they will be sent home and advised to follow the stay at home guidance.
Lateral Flow Testing will be requested at any time
· PAT-iT will maintain regular contact with staff members during this time.
· Procedures in place for delivery & dispatch to ensure adequate pick-up & drop off facilities.
· Management will promote mental health & wellbeing awareness to staff
· Employees to contact PAT-iT immediately if showing symptoms of Covid-19, knowingly been in contact with or been notified through the Track & Trace App
· PAT-iT monitors locations of work and will notify customers if our staff have symptoms or tested positive
· Employees to wear face coverings if customer requests or employee makes assessment that it is needed
· Employees to sanitise hands/equipment/tools as much as reasonably practicable
· Employees to assess the hazards before entering premises, PAT-iT do not expect employees to put themselves into any environment where danger is obvious or suspected.
· Tool box talks – where we exchange ideas on safety and how we can make our working day as safe as possible for us and our customers
· Employees reminded on these actions regularly, such as cleanliness, hand washing, risk assessing, notifying
· PAT-iT to monitor employees to ensure these steps are being adhered to
· Employees to assess tenants before entering premises, PAT-iT to be notified immediately if the employee suspect tenant(s) is showing signs of covid-19
· Employees to assess if gloves are needed when working in different environments
· Employees to communicate with PAT-iT where improvements could be made for safe working.
· Employees should request ventilation, social distance, tidy work area, if deemed necessary by the employee.
· Sub-contractors to PAT-iT
Reviewed monthly or if Government guidelines change